Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wtf? Turkey Day

Okay we sat down as a family to discuss Thanksgiving dinner this year.  Since our family has gotten a lot smaller this year, not by death but by brother and his family moved to Texas and two brothers are getting unhitched. I made the suggestion that we just go to a popular meat and three place in Nashville and call it a day.
First, cause my moms are old and can barely cook dinner each day much less stand over an oven with a 75 pound turkey in it for hours. After much arguing, I made them see it my way and we all agreed that Monell's in Nashville would be the best place to go for 23.99 a person. Done decision made.....or so I thought.
I'm watching TV last night when I hear Nana in the kitchen say she and my nephew are cooking turkey and dressing on Friday. Wtf? Is that not defeating the whole purpose of going out on Thanksgiving?!
I yell to her, "Um, no you're not cooking turkey with Marshall. We are going out on Thursday and that's it for turkey!" To which she screamed, "Oh for Gods sake, okay! I won't cook!"
Oh no she didn't just snap off and scream at me.....so if that wasn't bad enough, an hour later Chandler and I are on our way to Target to get Mimi some hair color so she can get gussied up for Thursdays outing when she calls me on the phone to say, "Hey, can you pick me up two cans of sweetened condensed milk and some cool whip so I can make a caramel pie for Thanksgiving?"
I swear my head just exploded, what part of WE ARE GOING OUT TO EAT AT A RESTAURANT FOR THANKSGIVING are these two dementia women not getting?
I swear I give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment