Monday, February 20, 2012

The end of the world...


Okay, not for nothing but right after kissing my 12 year old at he stroke of midnight on January 1st that rang in the new year. He started...

Chan: Omg, I'll be glad when this year is over.
Me: Why? We're only 3 seconds in.
Chan: Cause the world is suppose to end on December 21.
Me: Omg, seriously. You're a kid, you're not supposed to be worried about such nonsense.
Chan: Okay, but when it happens I'm gonna tell you I told you so.
Me: Whatever. Go to bed.

I swear he is counting down the days in his stressed out little 12 year old mind when he should be planning time away from us to treat his new found puberty like an amusement park. Which he has found the time for but that's a whole new story that I will tell for another day. I was awful for me.
So now I've found this new show called doomsday preppers. I hate these people, they have it all figured out. I even find myself feeling really unprepared for the future in case something horrible happens.
As far as I've gotten is that we should stock up on twin mattresses at yard sales this summer to pack up in the attic where we will live out at least a year with my food hoard cause as we all know. Zombies aren't smart enough to pull on the little cord that brings the attic door down, hell I can even pull the cord back up into the attic to make it a lot harder for them as they are trying to get to us to eat our brains. I actually made the mistake of joking about this and telling Kenny my plan when my voice of doom teenager walked in and completely freaked out because I was planning for the end of the world.
God, I hope everyone is wrong about December 12th or I'm never gonna hear the end of it and I really would rather not be trapped in my attic on a twin mattress with a drama queen teenager....I wish everyone luck on their doomsday hoard.
Note to self, must buy more bottle water and clean out attic to make room for supplies.... ;]

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see a post from you. I had a weird dream about you last night. You wanted my DH to FedEx some packages for you and I mixed up the addresses and I was panicked because one had Chan's birthday presents in them.

    ReplyDelete