Thursday, February 2, 2012

Omg, I thought this year was gonna be better...

But no, apparently fate has another plan for us this year. I finally did get my tags for my cute new car but then two days later, the check engine light came on.
That's what 15,000 dollars will buy you these days. Took it back up there to them and that jock strap mechanic thought I was just some stupid woman and he just turned the light out. I told him I'd be back in a couple days when it came back on.
So I wasn't even over that trip before Kenny calls me last Friday to tell me that he just got 'let go' by his employer of over 3 years. These assholes said, 'the company was headed in a new direction and that he was invited.' Not sure what that means and wouldn't you know it his boss who is all family oriented and nice couldn't find his balls long enough to get on the phone with me to explain why they let Kenny go. He had his secretary tell me that by law they couldn't talk to me.
Now I'm sorry, but once I went online to post Kenny's resume I found a job that was posted a month earlier on a date that Kenny was out sick for three days. The first days he has ever missed at this company and he had a doctor's note, but they posted his job anyway. I'll be sure to let you all in on what a cult company that was once he gets his final paycheck and his severance...l.then I'm gonna unload on these people.
He had his first interview today but made the mistake of telling them how old he was, he was trying for a warehouse position and I'm not sure they are actually looking for a 47 year old man, when they can get a 18 year old Mexican for half the price. It would serve his old company right by having them pay his unemployment for awhile. I think tonight we'll be having a 'interview' practice....wish me luck.
Oh and I caught my 12 year old son dating his body pillow last night to which I had to have the 'be sure the door is close before treating your body like an amusement park.' talk. Fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that he lost his job. Ugh. Have him look into FedEx and UPS.

    ReplyDelete